Almond Butter Blondies
These gluten free Almond Butter Blondies are an absolutely delicious nutty version of a blondie. It’s a surprisingly healthy dessert option as it’s refined sugar free.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Cooling Time20 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 9 servings
- 1/4 cup Ghee plus 1 tablespoon at room temperature
- 1 cup Almond Butter any nut or sunflower seed butter would make a good substitute
- 1 Egg
at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Maple Sugar Coconut Sugar is a good substitute
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
Pre-heat your oven to 350°F. Using 1 tablespoon ghee butter an 8x8 inch pan then set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sweeteners, almond butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
Add the almond flour and salt, and then fold in with a spatula until a thick batter is formed.
Transfer the blondie batter to the prepared tin and smooth out the top.
Bake the blondies for 25-35 minutes, checking to see if the edges are browning at 20 minutes. If the edges are browning faster than the center of the blondies, cover with foil and return to the oven until cooked.
After 25-35 minutes, remove the blondies from the oven.
Once cool, remove the blondies from the tin and cut into 9 squares.
Cover and store the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Gluten free flours are not all made the same. If you can’t have one of the flours in this recipe, please be aware that you probably won’t be able to make a 1:1 swap without reworking the entire recipe.
- You’ll need to hold off on eating these until they are cool. Trying to dig in too soon may mean that they fall apart.
- You can use any nut or see butter but make sure that it doesn’t have any added sugar.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2mg