Grain-Free Lemon Blueberry Bread tastes like a hybrid of a blueberry muffin and lemon pound cake. It’s naturally sweetened with raw honey, gluten-free and can be made dairy-free, too.
Berry season is my absolute favorite. The majority of the time, I like to eat berries straight up, but sometimes, it’s fun to make a tasty treat with them too. Enter: lemon blueberry bread.
This bread is made from a mix of coconut and cassava flour, plus fresh blueberries, lemon zest and juice, raw honey, both vanilla and almond extract, and the other usual baking ingredients (eggs, butter, etc.). To make it extra decadent, there’s an optional lemon glaze that can be added after the bread bakes and cools. However, this bread is completely amazing all on its own too. I like it both ways.
And, guess what? This bread can be made nut-free by simply omitting the almond extract or replacing it with more vanilla extract. However, if you’re not using pure almond extract (but rather, almond flavoring), it may not contain any almond/nut derivatives. But, be sure to check product labels if it’s something you need to know.
I found this grain-free lemon blueberry bread to be the perfect afternoon pick-me-up, especially alongside a mug of herbal tea. It also makes a nice dessert. I hope you enjoy it too!
Cheers and enjoy!
Grain-Free Lemon Blueberry Bread
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature, preferably pasture-raised
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 3-4 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract (omit for nut-free or replace with more vanilla extract)
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-¼ cups fresh blueberries, plus a little extra for topping, if desired
Optional lemon glaze:
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar (I recommend the Wholesome brand, which uses tapioca starch instead of corn starch)
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut flour, cassava flour, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, raw honey, both extracts, lemon zest and lemon juice. Then, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Lastly, gently fold in the blueberries. Don’t overmix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan in an even layer. If desired, top with a little extra blueberries. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Then, tent with foil to prevent over-browning and bake for another 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow bread to cool in loaf pan for 10-15 minutes. Then, remove from loaf pan and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- If using glaze, mix together the organic powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl. Add up to 1 Tbsp more lemon juice, but in 1 tsp increments until glaze is how you desire. Once bread is completely cooled, pour glaze on top while bread is on the cooling rack (helpful to place parchment paper or a pan under cooling rack to catch any glaze drips, especially if you opt for a thinner glaze). Spread with a spatula, if needed. Then, slice and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator. The bread is very moist and will keep better this way than on the counter. Best eaten within 3-4 days.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com