An indulgent way to sneak some veggies in! These Chocolate Chips Zucchini Muffins are simple to whip up, nut-free and they make a tasty, on-the-go snack for busy days!
Made with coconut flour and eggs, these zucchini muffins come together quickly and are sweetened with honey. They are ideal for a snack because they are filling, delicious, and contain a sneaky ingredient: zucchini!
What better way to sneak some veggies into your diet than by adding some chocolate chips into the mix (here are a few other ways to sneak veggies in).
Texture of These Muffins
These chocolate chip muffins are coconut flour-based which means they are smaller and more compact than a store-bought option.
Coconut flour is an ideal choice for paleo muffins because it is lower in carbohydrates while still giving the indulgent feeling.
However, it does not rise like a typical flour. These zucchini muffins are light and loaded with flavor, but they are in a compact package.
How To Enjoy These Muffins
These zucchini muffins make a tasty snack for busy days. No one wants to spend time daily in the kitchen when it is so gorgeous out.
Instead, whip up a batch at the start of the week and use them throughout. These chocolate chip muffins are perfect for:
- out of house adventures
- busy days when you do not want to be inside
- school lunches
Storing These Muffins
These chocolate chip muffins are best stored in the fridge as they are egg-based. Personally, we prefer to let them sit at room temperature before we eat them, but they are tasty either way.
They also freeze well. So, make a double batch if you can and pop some into the freezer. Then when you need them, let them thaw in the fridge until you are ready to eat them.
I am all about easy snacks that I can pop into the freezer (like these chocolate protein balls) because it makes my day that much easier.
Do not stress about always having to run inside and make a snack. Instead, whip them up ahead of time and have them ready when you need them.
Paleo Chocolate Chips
Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips are made with only three ingredients (cacao powder, cocoa butter, cane sugar) and are as minimal as they come.
They are a great paleo option for when you want something sweet without too much fuss. And they add an indulgent kick to these zucchini muffins!
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, measured melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
Easy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, and honey.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder, and spices until no clumps remain. Let sit for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Add in the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Line a muffin tin with 9 muffin cups and portion out the batter evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin try for 15 minutes.
- The muffins will not look fully done right out of the oven but will firm up when cooling.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com