Crunchy, healthy and fruit-sweetened, grain-free banana granola makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Mix it into yogurt, a smoothie bowl or with your favorite non-dairy milk. It’s even good by the handful!
This granola makes the house smell like banana bread and it’s even reminiscent of eating it, too. The banana flavor is prominent and pairs so well with the nutty, toasty flavors of the granola. I’m super impressed with how it turned out. But, beware, it is a bit addictive!
So, what exactly is in this fruit-sweetened grain-free banana granola? Other than the obvious banana part, there’s unsweetened coconut chips, walnuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt and coconut oil. It is easy to adapt, so feel free to swap any of the nuts or seeds for something else. I think pecans would be especially delicious in this recipe and serve as a great substitute for the almonds or walnuts.
When baking, be sure to stir the granola every 15 minutes to allow for even browning. In total, the granola takes about 40-45 minutes and will be a deep golden brown once done. Watch out, it’s hard to resist while cooling and you may find yourself nibbling at it right from the pan!
Cheers and enjoy!
Grain-Free Banana Granola (fruit-sweetened!)
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana, (about 1 large banana)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips (not shredded)
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (or sub avocado oil)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut chips, almonds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cinnamon and sea salt. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the mashed banana, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Pour over dry mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Granola will be a deep golden brown when done.
- Cool completely on baking sheet. Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com