Raw Pumpkin Seed Pistachio Date Bites are an easy and healthy snack, treat or pick-me-up. Made with nutritious ingredients, and flavored with vanilla and cardamom. No refined sugars, dairy, gluten or grains.
Raw pumpkin seed pistachio date bites are an easy and healthy snack, treat or pick-me-up. Made with wholesome ingredients, and flavored with vanilla and cardamom, they are hard to resist! So, pull out your food processor and get ready to blend, roll and eat!
These scrumptious nutty and seedy date bites are made with 7 simple ingredients (okay, technically 8, but I consider sea salt a recipe staple, so don’t really count it) and all in one bowl, too. There’s no refined sugars — just the natural sweetness of dates. And, these are full of healthy fats from pumpkin seeds, pistachios, sesame seeds and coconut oil.
While rolling these, you may notice they are a bit oily. Obviously, oils are drawn out of the nuts and seeds during the blending process, and combine with the coconut oil as well. The oiliness definitely makes it easy to roll these into balls and is useful for coating with sesame seeds as well (if used). Once chilled, the oils firm up and all is well. As noted in the recipe though, start with the lesser amount of coconut oil and add a bit more, if needed.
I enjoy having two or three of these bites in the afternoon as a little treat. I think they would also be great mixed into yogurt, crumbled on top of a smoothie bowl or with a glass of nut milk.
Cheers and enjoy!
Raw Pumpkin Seed Pistachio Date Bites
- 10-12 large Medjool dates, halved and pitted
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, plus extra for rolling, if desired
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add dates to the food processor container and blend until dates are chopped up, but still chunky. Add 3 Tbsp of the melted coconut oil and blend again to combine.
- Next, add the pistachios, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, vanilla, cardamom and sea salt.
- Blend again to combine, scraping down the sides with a spatula and re-blending as needed. If the mixture seems too dry or crumbly, add another 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and blend again.
- Taste mixture and adjust flavor, if desired. Roll into tablespoon-size balls (or whatever size you like) and roll in extra sesame seeds, if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com