This easy-to-make cold zucchini noodle salad is the perfect side dish for warmer days. It features bacon, tomatoes, fresh chives and a creamy avocado oil mayonnaise dressing. Paleo & gluten-free.
Celebrate the end of the summer season with this simple and satisfying zucchini noodle salad. It’s basically a spin on a BLT, but in salad form and with a few tweaks. That means it has bacon… need I say more?
This cold salad is a cinch to make and aside from preparing the bacon, involves no cooking. Speaking of bacon, I recommend cooking it in the oven for less mess and easier cleanup. Personally, I like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon strips in a single layer. Then, I bake it at 400 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes. Lastly, I place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
As far as assembly goes, the zucchini noodles, bacon, tomatoes and fresh chives get tossed together with a simple avocado oil mayonnaise dressing, and it’s ready to eat immediately! Then, serve with your favorite protein for a delicious and complete meal. Chicken is my favorite with this dish, but I think a grilled burger would be fantastic too.
Cheers and enjoy!
Zucchini Noodle, Bacon and Tomato Salad
- 2 medium-large zucchini, spiralized
- 5-6 slices cooked good-quality bacon, chopped (I recommend bacon with no sugar added)
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the avocado oil mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, granulated garlic or garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust flavor, as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini noodles, bacon, cherry tomatoes and fresh chives. Pour dressing on top and gently mix. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve immediately.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com