Summertime is the ultimate time to eat coleslaw. It pairs with nearly anything off the grill and that alone makes it the perfect summer side dish. While I love a classic version, this healthy, Paleo Curried Coleslaw is a delicious way to shake up the flavors a bit.
With ingredients like fresh ginger, lime juice, cilantro, curry powder and turmeric, there is definitely no lack of flavor in this coleslaw. It’s crunchy, vibrant, zesty, creamy and sweet.
Speaking of creamy, this recipe uses avocado oil mayonnaise and just enough too. No soupy, soggy mess here! Additionally, avocado oil mayonnaise offers a dose of healthy fats, unlike conventional mayonnaise.
While this coleslaw can be paired with many proteins, it is especially wonderful with turkey burgers, chicken and fish. My favorite way to eat it is in a bowl with steamed greens, a layer of slaw and protein on top. Sometimes, I’ll throw in roasted sweet potato too.
Cheers and enjoy!
Paleo Curried Coleslaw
- ½ medium red cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- ½ medium green cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded or grated
- 5 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbages, carrots, green onions, cilantro and dates. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the avocado oil mayonnaise, lime juice, coconut aminos, grated ginger, curry powder, turmeric, sea salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust flavor as desired.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir well to coat. Place in fridge for at least an hour before serving, if possible.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com