This Instant Pot Beef Soup tastes like you spent all day slaving over the stove but only takes about an hour to make. The broth is delicious and the beef just falls apart. This is a very easy meal that the whole family will enjoy. This recipe is AIP, Paleo, Whole30, and allergy friendly.
How to make beef soup in instant pot?
Well, it couldn’t be easier. The instant pot makes this soup a very hands-off recipe. It’s just basically dumping all the ingredients in and let it cook.
I think the trickiest part of using the sauté setting on the instant pot, which is not tricky at all.
How to long to cook beef stew in the pressure cooker?
Once you’ve sautéed the beef stew meat then you’ll need to set the pressure cooker for 20 minutes. It takes some time to allow the instant pot to heat up, then 20 minutes to cook and then at least another 20 minutes to release the pressure.
This isn’t a fast beef stew recipe but it’s a lot faster and super hands-off compared to traditional recipes that require hours of slow cooking on the stovetop. This can easily be made any night of the week, not just for special occasions.
This recipe also freezes really well. I always keep a batch of this instant pot beef soup recipe in large mason jars in my freezer for when I need a quick and healthy meal.
Instant Pot Beef Soup
- Instant Pot
- Add the olive oil to the pan inside the pan.
- Set the instant pot for sauté.
- When it’s hot, add your stew meat then sprinkle with salt.
- When the stew meat is cooked on he side stir and continue cooking until it’s just cooked on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Next add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, bay leaf, Italian seasonings and chicken stock.
- Secure the instant pot lid. Take care to make sure the venting knob is in the sealing position.
- Hit pressure cook and set the time for 20 minutes.
- When it’s finished cooking, let the stem vent for at least 10 minutes before switch the venting know to the release position.
- When the instant pot has finished venting then you can open the lid and enjoy.