You all know that I am all about easy, tasty and healthy meals. This Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Olives fits the bill perfectly!
This meal took mere minutes to throw together and it was delicious and satisfying.
When chicken is cooked in the slow cooker properly, it turns out fall off the bone tender. The key with chicken in the slow cooker is to not overcook it. In my Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, 5 hours seems to be perfect for this type of chicken dish. If I am going to roast or poach an entire chicken, then I do 6 to 8 hours, depending on the recipe.
Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms, Artichokes and Olives
One of the tricks to making a good slow cooker chicken with the skin-on, is to broil the chicken once it is cooked. This step will only take you minutes, especially if you have a handy toaster oven, like this, that heats up quickly. It will make all the difference in your recipe!
4 chicken legs (alternatively, you can use a whole chicken and cut it into 8 pieces)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (I use this one)
salt and pepper
1 – 8 to 10 ounce jar of pitted kalamata olives, drained (like this)
1 – 8 to 10 ounce jar of artichoke hearts, drained (like this)
1 – 6 to 8 ounce pack of sliced mushrooms (you can use whole mushrooms and slice them yourself, this just saves time)
1/2 cup of white wine (you can substitute chicken broth or tomato sauce for Whole30)
Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Pat your chicken legs dry. Season them with the Italian seasoning. Generously season them with salt and pepper.
- Place your chicken legs in the bottom of your slow cooker. Then add the kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and sliced mushrooms.
- Pour the white wine in and set your slow cooker on low for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, remove the chicken and vegetables from the slow cooker and place them in an oven-safe dish. Turn your broiler on high and broil for 10 minutes, until the chicken skin is nice and crispy.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Click HERE to PIN this post!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com