Indyanna and I spent the morning doing some holiday cooking. We made these Spicy Roasted Pecans from Cassy Joy’s Fed + Fit Holiday Feast eBook. These pecans offer the perfect balance of spicy, savory and a hint of sweetness. It was hard not to munch them all! I normally would have, but we are saving them for our holiday festivities.
We’ve been loving Cassie’s book this holiday season. We made her pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. It was gone so fast, I didn’t even get a chance to snap a photo on my phone. This book has several special dishes that we look forward to making every year for the holidays, but there are also many that we will make all year round, such as her Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes and these Spicy Roasted Pecans.
One of my favorite parts of this book are Cassie’s tips or pep-talk section. She takes such a sound and balanced approach to being healthy during the holidays. She really inspires us to do the same.
Fed + Fit Holiday Feast includes:
- 100+ pages
- 45+ recipes that include: 5 appetizers, 4 main courses, 4 starchy sides, 9 vegetable-based sides, 7 condiments, 11 desserts, and 6 drinks/cocktails.
- Recipe & menu modification notes for Autoimmune, low-FODMAP, low-carb, and 21-Day Sugar Detox.
- How to “fed+fit” your holiday guide.
Click HERE to download!
Spicy Roasted Pecans
3 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
1 teaspoon molasses (omit for 21-DSD)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss all the ingredients together in either a bowl or large Ziploc bag. Stir or shake until each pecan is evenly coated.
- Spread the seasoned pecans out evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until you start to smell them.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN this post!