This Paleo Slow Cooker N’Oatmeal is a great way to start the day! Give your tummy and taste bud the perfect morning treat!
Indyanna (my two year old) started preschool recently and they do a group snack. Her school is really great and they let us send a Paleo version of whatever they are serving. Every few weeks, oatmeal is on the menu. We tried gluten-free steel cut oatmeal the first week and she really wasn’t that into it. I created this Paleo Slow Cooker N’Oatmeal for her – loaded with butternut squash and some apples.
Indyanna has been loving this! It’s been a nice change from our usual eggs too. Since this recipe is made in a slow cooker, you can always make this overnight and have delicious, warm, Paleo N’Oatmeal ready for you in the morning.
This recipe works best if you soak the nuts. So, make sure to plan accordingly.
Paleo Slow Cooker Butternut Squash N’Oatmeal
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw almonds
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2 apples, peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I like this brand)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I like this brand)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar – if you prefer your oatmeal sweeter, you can do 2 tablespoons (I like this brand)
1 cup coconut milk (Make your own or find BPA-Free coconut milk here)
Paleo Slow Cooker N'Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I like this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I like this brand)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar – if you prefer your oatmeal sweeter, you can do 2 tablespoons (I like this brand)
- 1 cup coconut milk (Make your own or find BPA-Free coconut milk here)
- Coconut milk (Make your own or find BPA-Free coconut milk here)
- Dessicated coconut (I like this brand)
- Maple syrup (Make sure it’s 100% maple syrup)
- Cover the almonds and walnuts with filtered water. Add a dash of sea salt. Soak for 12 hours.
- Rinse the nuts with some more filtered water. Place in a food processor and blend until you have a meal or flour consistency.
- Place the butternut squash, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground nuts, coconut sugar and coconut milk into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use a potato masher to mash the N’Oatmeal into your preferred consistency.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com