This Paleo Teriyaki Chicken is the easiest recipe ever. I almost didn’t post it because it feels funny sticking two things in a crock-pot and calling it a recipe. But, I figure most of you are super busy and could use more of these 5 minute prep recipes in your life.
I use this Paleo-friendly teriyaki sauce for this slow cooker recipe. You should be able to find it at Whole Foods or a local health food store. Although it tastes a little sweet like traditional teriyaki sauce, it actually has no added sweeteners. The sweet flavor just comes from the coconut sap. If you can’t find it, you can use the teriyaki sauce from this recipe.
These drumsticks are a toddler favorite. A little sweet and you can eat them with your hands? That’s a win-win in my two year old’s book!
If you want to make this a one-pot meal, just toss in any vegetables that you have on hand. I added some carrots and peppers for the last hour of cooking. I like to add vegetables towards the end with this type of dish, so I can keep them from getting overcooked.
Slow Cooker Paleo Teriyaki Chicken
Slow Cooker (I use and love this one)
- Generously salt and pepper the drumsticks. Place them in the slow cooker.
- Pour the Teriyaki sauce over the drumsticks.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. With the Hamilton Beach slow cooker, I’ve found 5 hours to be the magic number for drumsticks. They become super tender, but they don’t fall apart.
- Remove them from the slow cooker and put them in an oven safe dish. Place them under the broiler for 5 minutes to get the skin a little crispy.
- Sprinkle the drumsticks with sesame seeds and serve!
*For, Whole30 version, make THIS sauce and omit the honey. Add 1/2 of an orange, fresh squeezed for sweetness.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com