I am so excited about this giveaway! I have teamed up with MightyNest to bring you everything you need to pack a non-toxic, safe and environmentally friendly lunch, including a stainless steel muffin pan without non-stick coating! I get asked about this one a lot by blog readers. They are surprisingly hard to find.
MightyNest is one of our favorite places to shop for environmentally-friendly items. In addition, they make a big effort to donate to our schools! Make sure to scroll down below to enter to win $100 worth of lunch gear and a chance for YOUR school to win $1,000!
We’ve been using these items this summer to pack lunches to take to the beach or to the park. We find that packing healthy food to bring along to our family outings makes the experience all the better!
We recently went on a family picnic and picked wild blackberries. We used all of our MightyNest gear to pack a delicious and nutrient-rich lunch!
Indyanna has been going wild with melons this summer. They are her absolute favorite thing and she can probably eat an entire cantaloupe on her own. I try to pair high sugar fruits with some fat, to help slow the digestion process and get her full quicker and keep her full longer. A favorite combo around here is prosciutto wrapped melon. It’s a perfect combination of salty and sweet. We also love these glass containers from MightyNest. They are non-toxic and super sturdy, so when
toddler mom drops them, they don’t break. I know from experience.
These organic cotton sandwich wraps works great for packing lettuce wraps to-go!
Having some Paleo muffins on hand are great for packing quick lunches or snacks. We love using this stainless steel muffin pan to make ours! Little ones have a lot of fun helping to make these muffins. Indyanna loves stirring the eggs and sifting the coconut flour. You can find the recipe for these below.
Out of all of Indyanna’s new lunch gear, this insulated straw water bottle is her absolute favorite!
Paleo Vanilla Muffins (nut-free)
We love these muffins because they are low in sugar. The entire batch only calls for 2 tablespoons of honey. They are very versatile. Indyanna loves them plain or with some almond butter.
1 cup of coconut cream (I use this one; you can substitute coconut milk, but I think the results are better with the cream)
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use this one)
½ cup coconut flour, sifted (I use this one)
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (I use this one)
coconut oil for greasing baking dish or muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk eggs, raw honey, coconut cream and vanilla together.
- Add coconut flour and allow the batter to sit for about 5 minutes, so the coconut flour can absorb the dry ingredients. Meanwhile, grease your baking dish with coconut oil.
- Now, mix in the baking soda and sea salt. Make sure that it is thoroughly mixed. Place a heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup of your mini muffin pan. Fill the cups until they are almost full, but have a little room left at the top.
- Cook for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After they have cooked, remove them from the pan and set on a wiring cooling rack. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Here are a few of my favorite Paleo muffin recipes – savory to sweet!
- Savory Paleo Muffins – Breakfast-on-the-go
- Paleo Cranberry “Bran” Muffins
- Grain-free Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
- Paleo Banana Muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- S’more Muffins
- Savory Garlic Herb Muffins
- Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Savory Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Savory Olive Thyme Mini Muffins
- Paleo Meat and Vegetable Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Black Raspberry Coconut Flour Muffins
- Paleo Banana Bread Muffins
- Lemon Chamomile Muffins
MightyNest Donation Program
One other thing I’d love to tell you about is the wonderful school program that MightyNest put together. With your purchase of better goods for lunch and home, MightyNest will donate 15% to your local school. A typical lunch gear order donates more than $10 to the school of choice. And MightyNest’s has a goal to raise $1,000,000 for schools this school year!
MightyNest has some fantastic prizes including $100 worth of school lunch gear to make your packing – or your kids’ packing – that much easier AND a$1000 donation for your school (3 winners). One winner will be chosen to win the reusable lunch gear…enter by using the form below!
This giveaway is sponsored by Mighty Nest, a company committed to helping families make simple changes for a healthier life. All opinions are my own. I only share products and brands with you, that I wholeheartedly believe in.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself.