Before we jump into today’s amazing Crock-Pot Mexican Meatballs with Fire-Roasted Chipotle Sauce recipe, I want to make sure that you have all had a chance to check out the Primal Life Kit Sale. It features 49 Paleo eBooks and products (+ 14 discount codes) for only $39. That is $1,500 worth of products. The sale is going on for just a few more days. You can get more details about it here.
I am working hard to get caught up after my book tour and in an effort to keep you inspired and to bring you new recipes, I’ve lined up some of my favorite fellow bloggers to do guest posts! I want to introduce you to Trina of Paleo Newbie. Paleo Newbie is a warm and welcoming site, full of delectable and satisfying recipes, like these Paleo Barbeque Sliders! You can find Trina on Facebook and Pinterest.
Crock-Pot Mexican Meatballs with Fire-Roasted Chipotle Sauce
What a privilege it is to do a guest post for Arsy. I was lucky enough to receive her new book, The Paleo Foodie Cookbook a few days ago. I’ve been salivating while reading the recipes and can’t wait to make a few of them. This girl knows how to cook!
That being said, the pressure was on and I felt I needed to come up with a great Paleo and gluten-free recipe to share with all of you.
I was going for a little twist on a Mexican rice bowl with this tasty meal. I started with a savory Mexican meatball and smothered it in spicy tomato chili sauce. Then simmered it all day in my slow cooker.
I love the flavors and aromas that fill the house when a flavor-packed meal is cooking in the crock pot. You just know it’s gonna be good!
This Crock-Pot Mexican Meatballs with Fire-Roasted Chipotle Sauce is perfect for any day of the week and makes a lot, so you can enjoy it over a couple of days. If you prefer, you can freeze part of the meal and save it for a quick meal anytime.
I served the meatballs and sauce over cilantro lime cauliflower rice and topped it with fresh avocado. What a great combo. Loaded with tomatoes, chilies, smoky paprika and cumin, it hits the spot! This one’s guaranteed to be a family favorite.
Try it out and please let me know what you think!
Thank you again to Arsy, I really appreciate the opportunity to bring this Crock-Pot Mexican Meatballs with Fire-Roasted Chipotle Sauce to all of you!
CROCK-POT MEXICAN MEATBALLS WITH FIRE-ROASTED CHIPOTLE SAUCE
• 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
• 1 onion, diced (half is for the meatballs and the other half is for the sauce)
• 3 cloves of minced or pressed garlic (half is for the meatballs and the other half is for the sauce)
• 1/3 cup almond flour (I use this brand)
• 2 eggs whisked
• 2 tsp paprika (I use this brand)
• 2 tsp cumin (Find organic cumin here)
• 1 tsp salt (Find sea salt here)
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (leaves only)
CHIPOTLE SAUCE INGREDIENTS
• 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (Find organic crushed tomatoes here)
• 14 oz can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with liquid (Find organic fire roasted tomatoes here)
• The other half of the diced onions and garlic (see meatball ingredients above)
• 1 fresh Anaheim pepper (or other mild pepper of your choice) diced
• 1 can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (use 1 pepper chopped, plus 2 tsp of the adobo sauce) – (Look for brands that are gluten-free and do not use unhealthy oils or make your own!)
• 3 tsp chili powder (I like this brand because it doesn’t use any perservatives or anti-caking agents)
• 2 tsp cumin (Find organic cumin here)
• 1 tsp oregano (Find organic oregano here)
• 1 tsp of salt (Find sea salt here)
• 1/2 tsp ground pepper
Serve and enjoy this Crock-Pot Mexican Meatballs with Fire-Roasted Chipotle Sauce with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice (Find the recipe here)
PREPARATION AND COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sauté all the onion in a saucepan with 2-3 tsp of olive or coconut oil over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes
2. Add all the garlic and cook for one more minute
3. Remove from heat
4. Now divide the sautéed garlic and onions – put half in the crock pot, and put the other in a medium mixing bowl
5. Add remaining chipotle sauce ingredients to crock pot
6. Add the remaining meatball ingredients to a medium bowl, and mix gently with your hands
7. Preheat a frying pan with coconut or olive oil over medium heat
8. Form meatballs by hand – each about the size of a golf ball
9. Place meatballs in the heated frying pan to get a nice brown crust (they’ll still be raw in the middle but will cook through in the crock pot)
10. Transfer browned meatballs directly to the crock pot with the tomato sauce
11. Slow cook everything on low setting 5-6 hours
12. Serve over a bed of cauliflower lime rice.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com