This slow cooker taco meat recipe is so simple and easy to make! Plus, it’s really versatile as well!
Here is another easy slow cooker recipe for you – taco meat! Taco meat is a Paleo favorite of ours. We make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week. Taco salad is one of our favorite ways to eat it, but it’s also really good with eggs or tossed with a bunch of roasted veggies.
Like the rest of my easy slow cooker recipes, it can be improved upon by using my 5 Tips for Perfect Slow Cooker meals. But, the purpose of this version is to minimize your time in the kitchen, while you still enjoy a healthy and delicious meal!
You can make this recipe even easier by substituting the spices with a premade Paleo friendly taco seasoning. However, it really only takes a few minutes to mix the spices up. Even with mixing up the spices, this recipe took me 5 minutes to prep!
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Meat
Ingredients to make taco meat
2 lbs. ground beef, preferably grass-fed (find grass-fed beef here)
3 tablespoons tomato paste (I like this one – it’s organic and comes in a glass jar!)
1 tablespoon chili powder (I like this one – it doesn’t use any anti-caking agents, the ingredients are all spices!)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
*Note: You can reserve 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning and add it in the last 30 minutes of cooking. This extra step isn’t necessary, but it will heighten the flavor of the meat!
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- 2 lbs. ground beef, preferably grass-fed (find grass-fed beef here)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste (I like this one – it’s organic and comes in a glass jar!)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (I like this one – it doesn’t use any anti-caking agents, the ingredients are all spices!)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices.
- Add the beef, tomato paste and spices to the slow cooker. Use a spoon to mix up the ingredients and break up the meat.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Break up the meat some more.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat from the slow cooker and serve!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com