When I have the time, I love taking the extra few minutes to do things like brown the meat and saute the vegetables before adding them to the slow cooker. Sometimes, all some of us can spare is 5 minutes before work or taking the kids to school.
Having some ideas for really easy slow-cooker meals can make all the difference in keeping you on track with your healthy Paleo lifestyle, especially during this busy holiday season.
These recipes can be improved upon by using some of the slow cooking tips that I shared yesterday. But, on a busy day they work great as is. These recipes take less than 5 minutes to prep and are really tasty!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- Add chicken, coconut milk and curry paste to the slow cooker. Use a fork to mix in the curry paste.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Use 2 forks to pull apart the chicken.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken from the liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!
2-3 lbs. beef stew meat or chuck roast, cut into several big chunks (any tougher cut of beef you have, will work)
1 can coconut milk (I like this brand) or 2 cups homemade coconut milk
3 tablespoons red curry paste (I used this one)
- Add beef, coconut milk and curry paste to the slow cooker. Use a fork to mix in the curry paste.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to pull apart the beef into smaller chunks.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the beef from the liquid.
- Serve and enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com