This is one of my favorite slow cooker dishes lately. I love its versatility. We serve it as a side for dinner, or I’ll take it to work with me for a quick one-pot lunch or breakfast. The chorizo and yams combine to make the perfect combination of sweet and spicy!
Chorizo Mashed Yams
4 yams, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1lb Mexican chorizo, casings removed
½ a white onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
cilantro for garnish
- Place yams in slow-cooker.
- Heat butter in a medium pan, sauté onions until translucent, then add garlic for a minute or two and sauté until fragrant. Add chorizo and lightly brown for flavor. Add contents of pan to slow-cooker. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once cooked through use a slotted spoon and move contents into a large bowl and mash yams with a fork.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only recommend products that I wholeheartedly believe to be valuable or that I use myself. Rubies & Radishes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com