My husband really isn’t into faux potatoes, he really prefers the real thing. So, I had to spruce these up as much as possible… this is where bacon comes in handy! What dude doesn’t like anything topped with delicious bacon? I served this with braised O-bone roast for dinner last night, to say the least, it was a hit!
1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup chicken stock (homemade is best, but store-bought will work too!)
1 tablespoon ghee
1/4 cup leeks, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3-4 pieces of cooked bacon, diced
- In a pot with a tight fitting lid, place cauliflower and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until cauliflower is tender and mashes easily.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat ghee in a small saute pan and saute leeks until soft, then add garlic and saute for a minute or two until fragrant. Set aside.
- Once cauliflower is ready, mash down with a fork and add leek/garlic saute to pot. Mix together and transfer to a blender (or use immersion blender) and add butter. Blend to desired consistency.
- Mix in chopped parsley with a fork.
- Top with cooked bacon & serve!